*This post contains my thoughts and opinions only. In no way do I think the power of modern medicine should be ignored in pertinent scenarios. The purpose of this post is just to explore other options for a more holistic style of health and healing.*
You know that gaunt look—fearful wide eyes, sunken cheekbones, and gray flesh—that’s plagued someone we know who’s been affected by cancer? It’s like an entity attached a hose to their soul and sucked the life out of them. One day we see our loved one with a healthy skin tone, pink spongy cheeks and bright eyes, and overnight this look of life and vitality are gone.
I witnessed this transformation in my grandfather, and it was awful. If only I knew then, what I know now.
What if I told you that your loved one could have possibly eased his or her pain in a non-traditional way? What if I told you that cancer has not invaded his or her body, but it’s something internal that’s not communicating correctly at a cellular level? A situation that can be easily reversed if you can open up your heart and mind to these possibilities.
I like to tell clients that cancer is an inappropriate expression of your DNA. So, do you think it makes sense to start polluting your body with harsh chemicals and toxins all for the sake of purification? To me, it doesn’t. If we begin to think about cancer as an imbalance of mind, body soul we can heal holistically.
What I’d like to propose is a way to naturally combat cancer in a healthy yet still aggressive manner. Aggressive in the sense that you should focus more on your personal care and comfort instead of trying to act like everything is just okay. Below you will find a regimen and set of practices I’ve encouraged my patients to use when they ask for alternatives to Westernized medicine.
Begin With A Detox Of The Body And Soul
- Draw a warm bath with 2 cups of Epsom salts or Himalayan Sea Salt, baking soda, and lavender oil.
- Rub peppermint and castor oil clockwise on belly to aide digestion.
- Place a drop of peppermint into a glass of water, easing any stomach pains you may have.
- Indulge in a localized foot bath with one cup of Epsom salts.
- Journal your emotions and thoughts—anger, guilt, resentment, shame, grief, and anything else that comes to mind.
- Continually include lemon in drinking water.
- Cleanse your home, bedroom, and self with sage and/or palo santo.
As you begin to practice these transformations towards health, you also need to modify your lifestyle. There are definite positive and negative ways to approach this imbalance so it’s important to address them right off the bat, starting with those things that are energetically filling and energetically depleting.
- You, the patient, need sleep, sleep, and more sleep. (Think of cancer as an exhaustion disease.)
- Take time to sit in the warm sun for 10-15 minutes per day. (Bare feet on the grass, or in warm sand.)
- Read items that are filled with positivity: love-filled notes or cards from friends and family.
- Energy Therapy treatment—Craniosacral Therapy, Pranic Healing and Reiki.
- Integrate 20-minutes of meditation or prayer into your daily routine.
- Light a candle in your clean, tidy space.
- Follow a smooth, free flowing schedule.
- Engage in humor and maintain a positive attitude. (Funny movies are a good gateway to this.)
- Diet: exclude pork, bleached white flour products, alcohol, sugar, sodas, and excess salt.
- Constantly battling disturbed sleep.
- Disciplining children.
- Attending events when fatigued.
- Having to constantly answer people, at their beck and call.
- Pushing yourself with physical exercise even when fatigued.
- Being in the center of chaos and stress within the home during healing period
- Messy spaces.
Special Note To The Family
What a blessing it is to take care of your loved one. Please understand that your person is chronically exhausted. When he or she is sleeping soundly they are repairing their immune system so it can regenerate and become whole and healthy once again. They need your continual happy thoughts and positive attitude. However, don’t expect much from them. Have you ever realized that it actually takes energy to talk, laugh, and smile? Give all you have to fill them, and take nothing in return. Reassure them that it’s okay to soak up your good vibes and rest!
Reconnect back to you.